This is the Iberico Pork Chorizo Sausage, White Beans & Spinach recipe from the first installment in @IberianPastures video series on cooking Iberico Pork with Chef Jonah Miller, from Huertas NYC. In 2015, Will Harris partnered with Jaime & Kurt Oriol to form Iberian Pastures and be among the first to welcome Iberian Hogs, a Spanish national treasure, to the United States. Instead of acorns, our Iberian pigs are raised on a diet of peanuts and pecans, putting a south Georgia twist on the long kept Spanish tradition.
- 4 Iberico Pork Chorizo Sausages (uncured)
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 cups cooked white beans (such as navy or cannellini)
- 8 ounces baby spinach, washed
- salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat. Preheat for 1 minute.
- Add the sausage and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until the sausage has a near brown sear. Flip and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the sausages on a plate or tray – do not remove the fat from the pan.
- Add the garlic and onions to the pan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic is lightly toasted and the onions have begun to soften.
- Add the spinach and wilt slightly before adding the beans. Stir together and cook until hot.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt if necessary.
- To serve, place the beans on a serving platter or individual plates. Top with either whole or sliced sausage.