The Iberico Bacon Pan Con Tomate recipe from the first installment in Iberian Pastures video series on cooking Iberico Pork with Chef Jonah Miller, from Huertas NYC. In 2015, Will Harris partnered with Jaime & Kurt Oriol to form Iberian Pastures and be among the first to welcome Iberian Hogs, a Spanish national treasure, to the United States. Unlike your grocery store bacon, our 100% Pure Iberico Pork Bacon has more fat and less lean meat that offers a very rich and flavorful eating experience.
- 1 baguette, cut in half top-to-bottom and then across (as if making a 2 sandwiches)
- 1 clove garlic, peel, and cut in half
- 4 slices Iberian Pastures Bacon
- 1 large beefsteak tomato
- Salt to Taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet (line with foil or parchment) and place In preheated oven for 6-7 minutes (until the bacon has shrunk to half its originally size, is slightly crispy – there should be ample rendered fat on the tray).
- Toast your bread – either in a toaster or in the same pre-heated oven for 3 or 4 minutes.
- While the bacon is baking, cut your tomato in half and using a the large holes on a box grater, set over a large bowl, carefully grate the tomato, flesh (cut) side down, so that all that is left in your hand is the tomato skin. Season lightly with salt and set aside.
- To compose, lightly run the garlic against the toasted bread once or twice. Spoon the seasoned tomato pulp over the bread and top with a slice of bacon, a generous drizzle of fat and a sprinkle of salt.