- 3 pounds White Oak Pastures grass-fed oxtails
- House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16oz White Oak Pastures grass-fed Bone Broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, large ones cut in 1/2
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, large/medium dice
- 6 small new red potatoes, cut in 1/4
- 4 medium carrots, large/medium dice
- 1 pot hot buttered rice
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon White Pepper
Preheat oven to 300 to 350 degrees F.
Sprinkle the oxtails liberally with House Seasoning on both sides.
Coat the bottom of a heavy oven-proof Dutch oven with the olive oil. Once heated, add the oxtails and sear on all sides. Remove and set aside. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the beef broth, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic cloves. Stir. Add basil, oregano, bay leaves, hot sauce, tomato sauce, and the reserved oxtails. Stir to combine all ingredients together.
Cover tightly, place in oven, and bake for 2 to 3 hours.
Serve oxtails with the vegetables over hot, buttered rice.