- 3 pounds White Oak Pastures grassfed oxtails
- 1/2 cup homemade pork rub seasoning (you could also use a classic mix like a homemade version of Paula Deen's House Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16oz White Oak Pastures grassfed beef bone broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, large ones cut in 1/2
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, medium dice
- 6 small new red potatoes, cut in 1/4
- 4 medium carrots, medium dice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the oxtails liberally with seasoning rub on both sides.
- Coat the bottom of a heavy oven-proof Dutch oven with the olive oil, and place on stove on medium-high heat.
- Once heated, add the oxtails and sear on all sides. Remove oxtails and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Mix in the beef broth, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic cloves. Simmer until combined.
- Add basil, oregano, bay leaves, hot sauce, tomato sauce, and the reserved oxtails. Stir to combine all ingredients together.
- Cover tightly, place in oven, and bake for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from oven and bring to a simmer on stove top. Add the sweet onion wedges, red potatoes, and carrots to the pot.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, roughly 15 minutes.
Serve oxtails and vegetables with whatever side dish you like - we love this recipe over hot, buttered rice!