We LOVE Deviled eggs here at White Oak Pastures. Our food service staff have spoiled our 140 employees with deviled eggs as a lunch special, as well as made them for our Christmas party and other farm-to-table special catered events. Read on to learn about our spin on this delicious pasture-raised dish.
- 1 dozen White Oak Pastures Pastured Chicken Eggs
- 1 link White Oak Pastures Cajun Pork Sausage
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place eggs in pot and cover with water, 2 inches above eggs.
- Bring to a boil, cover pot, and remove from heat. Let sit for 10-15 min.
- Add oil to pan over medium-high heat. Cook your Cajun Pork Sausage Link until completely done, set aside to cool.
- Drain water from pot and fill with cold water. Let eggs sit until cool enough to handle.
- Peel away eggshells. Cut eggs in half, lengthwise, and carefully remove the yolks.
- Place yolks in a mixing bowl; lay the cut egg whites on a platter.
- Add mustard, mayo, relish, lemon juice, and hot sauce to the yolk mixture. Mix by hand or with a mixer until creamy and smooth (add extra mayonnaise for creamier consistency). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut sausage as fine as you can, preferably 1/4 inch cubes.
- Place egg mixture in gallon zip top bag, cut corner off, carefully squeeze mixture into the egg white cups.
- Top the eggs with the cut up sausage, 3-4 cubes.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 12 eggs