Need an appetizer that's perfect for a casual party, or The Big Game? Buffalo Chicken Dip combines hot wing flavor with a rich and creamy dip. Made with White Oak Pastures boneless, skinless pasture-raised chicken breasts, this dip is easy to make and seriously delicious.
A warning, from our personal experience: although this dip is easy to make ahead of time, it takes some serious self control to not eat it all... before the game even starts!
- 1 lb White Oak Pastures Pastured Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Oil or butter, for roasting
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon -1/4 cup hot sauce (depends how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Sliced green onion, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, potato chips, sliced baguette and carrot and celery sticks, for serving
- Place chicken breast in a single layer in baking dish, brush on both sides with melted butter or olive oil.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the chicken on both sides.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place chicken breast in oven, roast 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature in thickest part of the breast registers 165 degrees F.
- Let chicken cool slightly. Shred using two forks.
- Lower oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, 3/4 cup shredded cheddar, buffalo sauce, sour cream, and hot sauce.
- Transfer to ovenproof baking dish or skillet, top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar.
- Bake until warmed through and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Top with blue cheese (optional) and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips, potato chips, sliced baguette, or carrot and celery sticks.