There isn’t much better to make a quality sandwich with than a top notch roast beef. Roast it a day or two ahead, slice it hot or allow it to cool and slice as needed to make some mouth-wateringly delicious roast beef sandwiches!
- 1 White Oak Pastures Chuck Roast
- 2 tbsp White Oak Pastures Home-made Poultry Spice Rub (trust me, it's good on more than chicken and guinea!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dijon Mustard
- Provolone or swiss cheese
- Homemade sourdough potato bun
- Remove the chuck roast from the package and pat dry. Season well with the spice rub and salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for 4 hours or overnight so flavors can settle into roast.
- Preheat oven to 475F. Roast on a baking sheet for about 15-20 minutes, until browned and starting to crisp on the outside (try not to peek in the oven, you’ll want to keep it nice and hot).
- After 15-20 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 275F. Cook for approximately 30 minutes for a medium rare (middle of roast will be 145F)
- Remove from the oven and let the roast rest, tented with foil, for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice or store in fridge for slicing it the next day.
- Slice your buns in half, top with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and mustard. Pile on the roast beef, top with provolone or Swiss cheese, and enjoy!